Learn the difference that you can make in your monthly bills with just a few quick and easy steps. A small change in your lifestyle can make a big difference in the amount you spend on your heating and cooling.
• If you have a furnace, make sure to clean and service it once a year.
• 44% of your home energy use is from heating and cooling your home. Regular tune-ups can help reduce your bills. Don't forget your water heater, which can account for almost 15% of your energy use!
• Lowering your thermostat 3-4 degrees can make a big difference in your heating costs. Try installing a programmable thermostat to change the temperature when you don't need it on at full blast.
• Protect against drafts. Make sure your windows are caulked on three sides, with weather stripping around windows and doors.
• 10-25% of heating costs is due to heat loss from windows. Invest in storm windows for much more efficient protection.
• Insulate your home, including ceilings, walls, and floors. Don't forget about the roof. Heat rises, so don't let it escape your house!
• Tankless water heaters can help you save money by heating water only when you need it. They cost more up-front, but they'll pay for themselves soon enough!
Over 20 years of experience serving the Lebanon County area with great service and competitive rates!
Call for your FREE service estimate!
• Turn off unnecessary lights. Light bulbs generate heat, especially incandescent bulbs. Compact fluorescent bulbs will keep you cool while still lighting your home.
• Shut doors to unused rooms to lessen your cooling needs.
• Make sure your furniture and decorations don't block your air flow.
• Wear thin, loosely fitting clothes to help keep room temperatures cool.
• The sun will heat your house, so close blinds or shades during the hottest part of the day, and apply sun control on south-facing windows.
• Use fans. Even mild air movement can make you feel 3-4 degrees cooler!
• Consider using natural ventilation on mild days and turn the A/C off.
• Try to avoid using your oven. Use a microwave or grill outside instead!
• If you have a second refrigerator or freezer in an uninsulated garage, move it to an insulated basement or spare room, or plug it in only when you need it.
• Save chores that produce heat and moisture in the early morning or evening, including cooking, cleaning, ironing, and laundry. Try air-drying your dishes instead of running the dishwasher.
• Avoid unnecessary trips in and out. Heat and humidity come in every time you open the door.
We offer financing options with approved credit, so you can get the help you need at a price you'll love. Ask us for details.